Sunday, November 11, 2007

TRANSFORMERS

This is the kind of movie that one can easily rip to shreds in a review...yes its preposterous that all this transformer stuff started with an ice fishing expedition over a hundred years ago...I know its ridiculous that the governement's most brilliant code-breaker is an18 year old blonde "hottie" with an aussie accent...of course its crazy that the auctioning off a pair of eye-glasses on ebay causes a national crisis...and I do realize its insane that 50-foot robots can walk through a suburban neighborhood without being noticed. BUT...if there is any brilliance to TRANSFORMERS its the fact the movie knows its "insanity on screen" and embraces it all-out in every way possible. It's so over-the-top in its excess that you can't roll your eyes...you have to laugh...and laughter coupled with some of the most astounding special effects ever filmed are good enough for a summer popcorn extravaganza. This is a near perfect film for a 10 year old. The one thing I can't forgive in TRANSFORMERS is its length...if ever a movie needed to be shortened from its 2hr & 20min this is it. 2 1/2 of 5 hs

1 comment:

Joe said...

I agree with Harold's asessment. I guess if I had grown up with transformers, I might have viewed this film differently. But I didn't. Joe