Sunday, December 23, 2007

Entertainment Weekly - Top 10 Movies of 2007

EW has two excellent film critics...here are their choices for the best films of 2007:

Owen Gleiberman
1. I'm Not There (I need to see it)
2. Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (my review coming soon)
3. Michael Clayton (terrific movie with terrific acting all around)
4. Superbad (Hooray! Brave and well-deserving choice!)
5. The Lives of Others (foreign film from 2006)
6. Grindhouse (Although it won't make my top ten another daring and deserving choice!)
7. Jack Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis (even I haven't heard of this one)
8. Once (in my top 10 for sure!)
9. No End in Sight (one of the best documentaries of the year)
10. Zodiac (Like Superbad, Michael Clayton, and Once will probably be in my top 10 too)

Lisa Schwarzbaum
1. There Will Be Blood (the movie I am most excited to see)
2. No Country for Old Men (undeniably great!)
3. I'm Not There
4. Persepolis (foreign and animated...should be interesting)
5. No End in Sight
6. Zodiac
7. Lady Chatterley
8. 4 Months, 3 Weeks & 2 Days (another cool looking foreign film)
9. The Assassination of Jesse James by the CowardRobert Ford (solid...not great)
10. Knocked Up (Sorry Joe - Superbad was much better!)

Merry Christmas - HS!

No comments: