Saturday, December 1, 2007

3:10 TO YUMA

There was one indisputable thought going through my mind as I left the theater after seeing 3:10 TO YUMA...Christian Bale and Russell Crowe are two of the very best actors working today. For Crowe, I submit THE INSIDER, MASTER & COMMANDER, CINDERELLA MAN, and AMERICAN GANGSTER (not too mention his Oscar nominated performances in GLADIATOR and A BEAUTIFUL MIND)...for Bale I submit AMERICAN PSYCHO, THE MACHINIST, THE PRESTIGE, and RESCUE DAWN. You can add 3:10 TO YUMA to both lists - these guys are awesome! This movie is a good one too...full of fine performances including two from Peter Fonda and Ben Foster. I have a few issues with the plot in 3:10 TO YUMA, but overall its a very good movie with a hanful of absolutlely fantastic scenes. 3 1/2 of 5 hs

No comments: